Friday 15 May 2015

FitBit - The beginning



My lovely man bought me a FitBit ONE :-) I have been contemplating buying one for a while because I currently use the app on my phone. The app is great, it logs your walks etc and maps them too, calculates calories and all that great stuff, however my phone battery has not done well out of the experience and barely the day. Also the app does tend to crash, but perhaps that is attributed to my phone, not sure. 

So now I have the real thing I can't wait to try it out properly. I don't do as much exercise over the weekends so I wont be able to do a proper in depth review until next weekend but in the meantime I can talk about the product, its features and what I hope it can do for me.

Features (taken from Amazon)
  • Tracks steps, distance, calories burned, and stairs climbed
  • Monitor how long and how well you sleep
  • Wakes you (and not your partner) with a silent alarm
  • Syncs automatically to your computer or select smartphones and tablets via Bluetooth 4.0
  • Set goals, view progress, and earn badges
  • Share and compete with friends throughout the day
  • Free iPhone and Android App
  • Small and discreet - wear in pocket, on belt or bra
  • Log food, weight and more on Fitbit's website or Apps
  • Sweat, rain and splash proof
My goals are simple
  •  I want to lose 5Kilos and keep my weight down whilst toning and building a healthy amount of muscle. 
  • I'm intrigued by the sleep tracker so I can't wait to give that ago and hopefully take a positive approach to improving the quality of sleep that I have.
  • I love to track things such as goals and records met, this will hopefully keep me motivated.
The above photo gives a snapshot of what is included in the box:
A leaflet giving directions to the website for instructions on how to set up, the black arm band to be used for the sleep tracker, the charge, the bluetooth usb connection, the clip and of course the fit bit one itself! - in burgundy as my other half knows I love pink and this is the closest they had. 

Close up of the clip

The FitBit One in the clip showing my step count

The FitBit, the clip, the charger and the bluetooth device

No comments:

Post a Comment