Friday 28 August 2015

OZ Naturals - Super Youth 2.5% Retinol Moisturiser REVIEW

I got to try this product as part of a campaign that Oz Naturals were running with Brand Backer.

This is a great deep moisturiser. It's quite heavy so I think it's possible designed for older skin (I'm 27), but as my skin is fairly dry this works well for me.

I do only use this at night as I feel something lighter is required in the day time, but I may use this in the daytime during the winter months to protect my skin against the wind and cold.

It smells pleasant and hasn't caused any adverse affects. It's fairly reasonably priced (£19.60 per 100g) and you only need a small amount because its really hydrating. I use a little and then a bit more if required because I don't want to overload my skin and cause any outbreak.


I would recommend this to people with older skin, or skin like mine that is quite dry or damaged from the sun.

Having now done some research I can tell you that Retinol is a form of vitamin A which can assist in making skin look and feel younger. It is also said to be effective at managing acne and eczema, as well as improving discolorations and some of the effects of sun damage.

I also found the below information and advice relating to retinol based products


  • Buy retinol products only if they are packaged in opaque containers which are meant to minimize or block air exposure and light (don't buy it in see through containers or jars) because all forms of vitamin A break down and deteriorate when repeatedly exposed to air or light.



  • Not all skin can tolerate retinol. It may cause irritation, such as redness and flaking (because of this it may be worth incorporating a retinol product slowly into your regime, i.e start off with using it every other day) - if irritation occurs, symptoms should subside within a few days as your skin adjusts to regular use. If the side affects get worse or do not subside after a few days you should discontinue using the product.



  • Exposure to sunlight can make retinol unstable, so it's best applied it at night. And if used during the day it's recommended that you use some sort of sunscreen to avoid exposing the retinol to the UV light.


  • These are all fairly interesting points and I would always recommend doing some research when using a new product, especially if it contains ingredients that you aren't familiar with.


    Cookie x

    No comments:

    Post a Comment