Friday 23 September 2016

COCOFINA | COCO AVOCADO BROWNIES


This has got to be my favourite use of coconut to date, a simply delicious, indulgent and gooey brownie. 

I took the recipe from here and I did make some amendments to the ingredients, for instance I didn't add any icing or frosting as I really didn't think it was necessary, I also replaced the almond flour with coconut flour, so below are the ingredients that I used. 

  • 120g dark chocolate (no dairy), chopped
  • 2 ripe avocados, pitted + skins removed (I used frozen ones which I defrosted - they're cheaper and convenient)
  • 3/4 cup cocofina coconut sugar
  • 2 teaspoons instant coffee (optional)
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 cup cocoa powder
  • 1/2 cup cocofina coconut flour
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • Sprinkle of desiccated coconut


The mixture was much thicker than my usual brownies which are made from standard ingredients so upon placing this in the oven I didn't know what to expect but I was in for a great surprise.


And here is the finished item, and I have to say for a gluten and dairy free cake with natural sugar. 

I don't feel to naughty eating this from time to time and I have loved cooking with the cocofina ingredients and taking myself out of my comfort food, there are so many coconut based products that I am planning to try!

Cocofina kindly sent me of their fantastic ingredients to try, so huge thanks go out to them! 

Have you ever tried coconut flour? It's similar to almond meal but finer and so so versatile. Perfect for pancakes and well, brownies!

Cookie x


No comments:

Post a Comment