Wednesday 5 August 2015

Eyeko - Review

Last year I tried the Eyeko Skinny liquid eyeliner as it was free with a magazine. A bit later on in the year I bought another along with the Brow Gel and the Skinny Mini Brush (all 3 were sold together on ASOS).
 
The time has come for me to share my thoughts on these.
 
 
Skinny Liquid Eyeliner - £12
The one I had initially came free with a magazine, I didn't use it very much but when I did I thought it was a good product. It draws on really well just like a felt tip. However it dried out pretty quickly and I put this down to me not really using it and the product getting old. Anyway when I bought the new one I found the same thing happened. It applies really well at first but that is so temporary and like a cheap felt tip it doesn't work after a short while. I think it also depends on whether you have a powdery eye shadow on. It's really annoying because it applies great to your 1st eye and by the time you get to your 2nd eye it's dried out and not applying as well. I don't think I will buy this again, I have seen a few reviews saying similar things, one of which said to try the 'Alexa' version so I may give this a go - Alexa Eyeko
 
Skinny Brush Mascara - £15
I have just recently tried the mascara and I was quite impressed. They made my lashes look extended and very full. The only criticism is that I think that over doing this mascara may result in serious clumping. It may be because there are quite large gaps between the teeth in the brush and I am used to fairly thick bristly brushes.
 
Brow Gel - £18
This comes in the same bottle as the mascara and unfortunately I have gotten mixed up between the 2 a few times, resulting in 1 hilarious black eyebrow.
This is not too dark which is good however it doesn't really offer any hold. I use a cheap clear mascara on my eyebrows and I actually find that it works better than this.
 

 
 
The finished result with the Brow Gel, Eyeliner and Mascara.
 
Out of the 3 products I have to say overall I wasn't that impressed. The only product that I would potentially purchase again is the mascara, but there are so many mascaras out there so perhaps not..
 
Cookie x

No comments:

Post a Comment