Monday 24 August 2015

Face scrubs - Tried and tested

Last week I posted a video to YouTube where I spoke about some products that I planned to try this week. See the video HERE

I have to say I don't usually exfoliate this much in the space of a week so this was purely for experimental purposes. My skin is now soft soft soft!!

Germaine de Capuccini 365 Excel Soft scrub £39.95 per 150ml

This felt like your average face scrub, it was fairly gentle and non abrasive and doesn't have a great deal of scent. My skin was left feeling soft but I know there are more powerful scrubs out there!

Germaine de Capuccini Face scrub £25.25 per 100ml

This is like a mega scrub, it felt amazing. Much more abrasive than the one above and more effective. The other one left my skin feeling soft, this one made it feel like a completely new skin! It was so refreshing and it had a great citrusy mint scent. It also gave a tingling sensation which you normally get from minty products.



Would you like to try some Germaine de Capuccini products? I have tried several of their creams and scrubs. If you visit their website HERE and complete a form with details of your skin type they will send you some samples!


Their full product range can be found on their website :
https://germaine-de-capuccini.co.uk/

Algenist Multi Perfecting Detoxifying Exfoliator £30.00 per 80ml

This was a gorgeous thick scrub, it claims to be oil free yet it did a great job keeping my skin hydrated whilst exfoliating. It's a fairly gentle cleanser and I think it would be great for regular use.


This can be purchased on SpaceNK's website below
http://uk.spacenk.com/en_GB/brands/a/algenist/

Green People Fruit Scrub Exfoliator £12.95 per 50ml

I used this scrub and I thought it was familiar, the smell, the feel and the results. After rifling through my cupboard I came across my Sanctuary radiance exfoliator which I purchase from boots for £10.50 per 100ml. Don't get me wrong it's a good scrub, nice scent and gentle on my skin but the green people one is more than twice the price for the same results, so in this case I wont be buying this product as I have something very similar that I am already happy with.

http://www.greenpeople.co.uk/

http://www.sanctuary.com/ - Can also be purchased at boots


Green People Gentle Cleanse and Make up Remover £19.95 per 200ml

I found this Makeup remover to be very thin and watery, it got in my eyes and made them a little blurry. That aside I have to say it wasn't that efficient at removing my makeup either unfortunately.

Essential Care Organic Rose Moisturiser £21 per 50ml

The rose scent was very feint I could barely smell it. Again, this was a very thin moisturiser and as such it took a little while to dry on my skin. It did feel nice on my skin and wasn't heavy, as it was quite watery it was very refreshing and cool. I thought I'd better pay particular attention to hydrating my skin after all the scrubs I have used this week, however most of the scrubs had a moisturising element to them also!

Have you tried any of these products? Share your experience, please feel free to leave a comment below.

Cookie x


No comments:

Post a Comment