Friday 4 September 2015

Out with the old and in with the New

Hi everyone,

I have recently finished off a couple of the products that I have been using. Please check out my Youtube video where I discuss each of the photographed items in detail.


  1. Rituals Volume Mascara 8.5ml for £17.50  - This was a 1.5ml sample that I got from a magazine. I really liked the fine bristle brush, this did a great job in keeping all of my eyelashes separate and not clumped together.

  2. Estee Lauder Sumptuous Bold Lifting Mascara 6ml for £21- Again another small sample, this time 2.5ml. I think this was part of a gift set. And like the above mascara I really liked the brush. It did a great job of making my lashes really defined and stand out.

  3. Lancome Galateis Douceur cleanser 400ml for £36 - 50ml bottle, I believe this came with a gift set. I thought this was just your standard cleanser and I have used similar/better cleansers which are cheaper.

  4. Cowshed Grumpy Cow Uplifting Body Lotion 100ml for £10 - This was a sample from a magazine, other than the lovely packaging I have to say I didn't really like anything else about this product. Its creamy yet citrus scented and I just don't like the combination. It's also quite thin and greasy and I wasn't keen on how this felt on my skin, I ended up using this as a foot cream and definitely wouldn't purchase this item.

  5. Ren Vita Mineral day cream 50ml for £20 - I had a 13ml sample of this cream which lasted me about a week. I used this in the mornings and it was lovely and hydrating and had a great light rose scent.

  6. Lancôme Hypnose perfume 30ml for £39 - 5ml sample which came with a miniature perfume set. I really like this smell, I would recommend popping into your local perfume/Lancôme counter and having a sniff!

  7. Eyeko SKINNY eye pencil 2g for £12 - I got this from ASOS and its great for the first couple of uses and then it stops working and drys out. I have noticed that this product now says New & Improved next to it so I am wondering if maybe they have worked on the formula following feedback from others, let me know if you have used this recently and what you thought of it. I it's genuinely improved I may have to give it another try. 
As I have come to the end of the above products I have decided to add some new ones into the mix, see below.



1. Skin Doctors Hair inhibitor 100ml for £9.99 - I have had this product for a little while, it was bought on a whim and I have lost the box so will need to conduct research into how I even use this. I believe you use your normal hair removal method and spray this on to work deep into the follicles? If you have tried this, please comment below!

2. Lancôme Hypnose Volume a Porter Mascara £22.50 - I've been using this for the last few weeks and whilst I like the actual mascara the brush took a little getting used to. Unlike the brushes I'm used to (thick an bristly) this was a little more sophisticated in design. It's made of a stiff rubbery material and the bristles are spaced quite far apart. You need to be careful to avoid clumping lashes together.

3. L'Oréal Gentle Makeup Remover EYE 125ml for £3.65 - My mum got me this to try and I have to say I have always used either Lancôme or Clarins eye makeup removers so when I heard this was less than £4 I thought it wouldn't perform as well. Proved me wrong, it is so incredibly gentle, it feels like water and genuinely it does a fantastic job of dissolving and removing mascara and eye makeup.

4. Clinique Liquid EyeLiner 3g for £14-17ish - This appears to have been discontinued which is a shame because it is an old favourite of mine. It looks like there are some new variations of this product at Clinique - I may have to try these!

5. Salcura Bioskin ZeoDerm 150ml for £19.99 - This company very kindly sent me this item to try along with 2 others. These are for irritated, dry and problem prone skin. I am looking forward to trying these when I go on my holiday at the end of this month. For the time being I will be testing the Zeoderm to see if it works for my skin. For more information on this product and other products that the company has to offer please check out their website: https://www.salcuraskincare.com/



6.Perfume Phials - I have so many of these and I have finished off a couple of large bottles recently so figure its time to try something new! The scents I have chosen are: Angel by Thierry Mugler, Agent Provocateur, Prada Eau de Parfum, SJP Lovely and SJP Dawn.

Finally, I am going to try some different haircare products.



I got this kit for Christmas and totally forgot I had it. I have now ran out of my usual shampoo so couldn't of come across this little gem at a better time.

Watch this space. For any items that I haven't tried I will at some point either post a blog with review and thoughts or perhaps I will do a video. Let me know below which you would like to see!

Cookie x

No comments:

Post a Comment