Friday 1 January 2016

Happy New Year

Welcome back and best wishes for 2016 to all of my lovely readers.

I do hope you had a great Christmas and New Year.

This time of year can be expensive and usually brings me to thinking about resolutions and what I'd like to achieve in the coming year.

I'll say I'm not really strict with my resolutions and it's usually things that are easy for me to achieve, for instance I am not going to say that I'll visit the gym 5 times a week and live off lettuce because I know that would be short lived.

So here is a rough idea of my resolutions for 2016


  • Save money - this may be difficult as I was quite good last year so I'm not too sure what exactly I can tweak and change to optimize this.I have very extravagant for the second half of last year so I think I will start with being more strict on myself, less takeouts and meals out and of course less shopping. 
  • I do want to experiment with more high street makeup, so I will spend less on high end beauty and skincare items and try some of the high street and more budget alternatives out there.
  • Improve my videos - I have a YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnHOR-aHnFgiDM8FZkFGhDg check it out here, as you will see in my 'What I got for Christmas!' video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Otxc4-gtyXM I got some great bits of kit to enhance my videos so I will be learning what to do with them and how to make the most of my videos.
  • I will be using up lots of products that I have at home which includes beauty items, candles and random ingredients.
  • I will be taking on some craft projects, I have so many pins on pinterest and I think it's only right that I at least try a few of them as intended
  • I would also like to experiment more with my recipes and try some things that we haven't cooked before, with a focus on budget meals.
  • Also, and finally as I think this is sounding a little ambitious I would like to commit to decorating 1 room in the house completely,we have started in the lounge last year by installing a woodburner, so hopefully that room will be completed, ideally in the first quarter.
Do you have any resolutions or perhaps some changes that you plan to implement this year?

Cookie x

No comments:

Post a Comment