Monday 18 April 2016

e.l.f. Studio Eye Primer & Liner Sealer - The Review

So far on my journey finding more affordable makeup I have found some great things, but also some not so great products too.

I have spent money on these things and yes they're cheap but sometimes it really is a case tha you get what you paid for and for this particular product that really rings true. 

As I am trying out a lot of products I think it's only fair that I share my experiences with you, and you can then make your own decisions as to whether you will make a purchase. The below comments are just my personal experience and I am sure there are some out there that have had success with these products. 

The first product in my series of flops is the e.l.f Studio Eye Primer & Liner Sealer

I got this product because all of the cream eye primers at e.l.f were sold out, and not I can see why.



For your £4.50 you get 2 products, a primer and an eyeliner sealer, this seems like really good value, and it would be if I hadn't already given up on this. 


So first of all I will talk about the primer and the whole reason that I bought this product. This is essentially a stick concealer, its very thick and doesn't glide onto the skin very nicely. I also found that it created little clumps and I would say this did't help with the application of eye shadow at all.


So as the primer is disappointing perhaps the other end of this stick will perform better? Nope, this is sold as a liner sealer. I tried this, I spent a long time applying my liner then started to apply this. Surprisingly it removed my liner, so I thought perhaps I hadn't let it dry long enough. So I left the liner dry for a decent length of time and tried again, still it removed the liner rather than sealing it in.

I have really been impressed with the e.l.f brand so far, but this has got to be the exception and I can' help but feel frustration about this product which is a completely pointless product which in my experience did the opposite of what it's supposed to do.

Coming soon.. I have been trying a lot of different cleansers and toners so I will be doing a feature on my experience with a variety of these. 

I will also be sharing some of the budget beauty items that have worked well for me and some that haven't/

I'd love to hear your comments, have you tried this? perhaps you have some recommendations for me to try?

Cookie x

No comments:

Post a Comment